The original blog I have been working on is taking some time to get right, so in the meantime, here are some simple reminders!
- Your worth and the love you deserve is not defined by the job you have, the money you make, your relationship status, your appearance, or how productive you were.
- People don’t remember the things you said or did, but they remember how you made them feel.
- Any time you think “I have to _____,” take a day or two and don’t do those things. Obviously breathing, eating, and sleeping are non-examples. Wearing makeup, doing intense workouts, and getting together with a person you don’t really want to see are negotiable.
- Get outside.
- Put your phone away.
- Check in to see if your actions, thoughts, and behaviors are aligning with the person you aspire to be.
- If not, remember that growth is not linear.
- Rest is recharging.
- Instead of procrastinating, do the thing (talking to myself on this one).
- Drink water.
- Eat fresh fruits or veggies, both if you can.
- Think about how you’re coping with something today, and if it’s a method that truly serves you.
- The hardest thing and the right thing are often the same thing.
- Life is full of seasons, nothing permanent.
- If it feels like a sacrifice or an obligation, examine your boundaries and reflect on whether or not you’re honoring them.
- Laugh and smile.
- Assume positive intent.
- If you were once loved and that love no longer exists, know that history repeats itself. You will find that love again.
If all else fails, here’s a picture of a bison taking a nap on a beach.